The following are the key documents that you may require to remit money from the United States. Almost all of the money transfer companies do ask for any of these when you initiate a transfer with them. This will all be done one time as they wanted to go with the federal and state regulations.
* Social Security Number (Mostly all of the providers wanted to know this)
* Driving license.
* Passport of your foreign country
* Pay stub if any.
* Bank statement for the account from where you want to send money.
* Valid reason for sending the money like mortgage, real estate, education and so on.
Some additional questions as denoted by other forums are:
– Occupation of the sender
– Relationship with the recipient
Sometimes they also wanted to know if the sender is sending on behalf of someone else.